Embarking on the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) journey is an exciting chapter for every graduate, and the first step is the online registration. To ensure a smooth process, it’s crucial to have the right documents ready when visiting a cyber cafe for NYSC online registration.
Before we show you the requirements for NYSC online registration, kindly note that during the registration, there are two categories of Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) who would register on the NYSC Registration Portal. They are:
- Foreign trained graduates, and
- Locally trained graduates.
The documents to be uploaded by these two categories of candidates during online registration are not the same. Now, let us show you the documents that are needed for NYSC registration at a Cyber Cafe, for both candidates.
Below are documents that every foreign graduate should upload on NYSC registration portal during online registration:
- International Passport,
- Degree or HND Certificate (original not the statement),
- O’level results (original not online print out),
- Evaluation letter (for those that have not been evaluated),
- Resident permit to study in the country,
- Passport photograph.
The only documents that the Nigerian trained graduates should upload on NYSC portal during online registration is, ‘Passport photograph, but there are additional requirements for a married person who is seeking for concessional deployment or sick candidates seeking for medical care.
NYSC Documents for married women
For married women, they should upload the following documents to get posted to their husband’s residential address.
- Marriage certificate,
- Newspaper changes of name,
- Husband’s ID card,
- Utility bill,
- Husband’s domicile letter,
- Wedding pictures
NYSC Documents for those that are sick.
If you are critically sick or disabled, please indicate during online registration, and also upload a Medical Report.
Items you should take to Cyber Cafe for NYSC Registration
Below is the list of things you should take along to the registration center.
- All the documents you will upload as stated above,
- Biro: You will need this because you may need it to write something,
- Email Account: You need a Gmail account. Please, create one if you don’t have,
- ATM card: You will need ATM card to make payment to NYSC,
- Cash: Go with some cash to pay the Cyber Cafe owner,
- Your School Matriculation number and JAMB Reg number.
In conclusion, preparing the necessary documents for NYSC online registration is pivotal to ensure a seamless and stress-free experience. By following the outlined steps and being proactive, you pave the way for a successful commencement of your NYSC service year.