Unexpected blessings are those gifts from God that come our way when we least expect them. They are the things that make us say, “Wow, I can’t believe how good God is to me!”
The Bible is full of stories of unexpected blessings. Think about the story of Abraham and Sarah. They were old and childless, but God promised them a son. And sure enough, Sarah gave birth to Isaac in her old age. This was an unexpected blessing for Abraham and Sarah, but it was also a blessing for the whole world, because Isaac was the ancestor of Jesus Christ.
Another example of an unexpected blessing is the story of Joseph. Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers, but God used his circumstances to raise him up to be second in command in Egypt. This allowed Joseph to save his family and many others from famine. Joseph’s unexpected blessing was a blessing for everyone involved.
Why Does God Give Us Unexpected Blessings?
So why does God give us unexpected blessings? There are a few reasons.
First, God wants to show us His love. When we receive an unexpected blessing, it is a reminder that God is thinking of us and that He cares about us.
Second, God wants to use unexpected blessings to draw us closer to Him. When we experience God’s goodness firsthand, it makes us want to know Him better.
Third, God wants to use unexpected blessings to bless others. When we receive a blessing, we are not meant to keep it all for ourselves. We are meant to share it with others and make the world a better place.
Bible Passages about Unexpected Blessings
Here are a few Bible passages about unexpected blessings:
- Psalm 119:71: “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.”
- Romans 8:28:“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
- James 1:2-4:“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
How to Receive Unexpected Blessings
So how can we receive unexpected blessings from God? Here are a few tips:
- Pray for unexpected blessings. Ask God to bless you in ways that you can’t even imagine.
- Be open to God’s leading. Unexpected blessings often come through opportunities that we wouldn’t normally choose for ourselves. Be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and let God lead you.
- Be grateful for the unexpected blessings that you receive. When you receive an unexpected blessing, take the time to thank God for it. This will show God that you appreciate His goodness and that you are open to receiving more blessings from Him in the future.
Unexpected blessings are a reminder of God’s love and grace for us. He wants to bless us in ways that we can’t even imagine. So pray for unexpected blessings, be open to God’s leading, and be grateful for the unexpected blessings that you receive.