First dates can be nerve-wracking, especially if you’re really interested in the girl you’re going out with. You want to make a good impression and get to know her better, but you’re not sure what to say. One of the best ways to get the conversation flowing is to ask her questions. The right questions can help you learn about her interests, values, and goals, and they can also show her that you’re interested in getting to know her.
Here are first date questions to ask her:
- What do you do for a living?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What’s your favorite book/movie/TV show/band?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
Fun and Lighthearted Questions
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What’s your proudest accomplishment?
- What’s your ideal relationship?
- What’s your biggest dream for the future?
- What’s the most important thing to you in life?
Questions to Avoid
- Ex-boyfriends: It’s generally best to avoid talking about ex-boyfriends on a first date. This can be a sensitive topic, and it can also make it seem like you’re not over your past.
- Money: Talking about money on a first date can be awkward and uncomfortable. It’s best to save this conversation for later on in the relationship, if at all.
- Sex: Sex is another topic that’s best to avoid on a first date. It’s too early to be talking about this kind of thing, and it can make your date feel uncomfortable.
Tips for Asking Great First Date Questions
- Be genuine and interested in her answers.
- Ask open-ended questions that encourage her to talk about herself.
- Avoid asking yes/no questions.
- Be mindful of her body language. If she seems uncomfortable with a question, move on to something else.
- Don’t be afraid to ask follow-up questions.
Asking the right questions on a first date is a great way to get to know the girl you’re going out with better and show her that you’re interested in her. Just be sure to be genuine and respectful, and avoid asking any questions that might make her feel uncomfortable.