Prawn custard is a dish made with prawns, eggs, and milk. It is a popular dish in many Asian countries, and is often served as a breakfast or light meal. Prawn custard is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, and has many benefits to the body system.
Nutritional Value of Prawn Custard
Prawn custard is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. One serving of prawn custard (about 1 cup) contains the following nutrients:
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Calories: 77
- Vitamin A: 3% of the daily recommended value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 2% of the DV
- Calcium: 12% of the DV
- Iron: 5% of the DV
Prawn custard is also a good source of other vitamins and minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
Benefits of Prawn Custard to body system
Prawn custard has many health benefits, including:
- Good for the heart: The protein and omega-3 fatty acids in prawn custard can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health.
- Boosts immunity: The vitamins and minerals in prawn custard can help to boost the immune system and protect against infections.
- Promotes brain health: The omega-3 fatty acids in prawn custard are essential for brain health and can help to improve cognitive function and memory.
- Supports bone health: The calcium and phosphorus in prawn custard are important for bone health and can help to prevent osteoporosis.
- Improves muscle function: The protein in prawn custard is essential for muscle function and repair.
- Aids weight loss: The protein and low calories in prawn custard can help to promote weight loss.
- Good for pregnant women: Prawn custard is a good source of protein and other essential nutrients for pregnant women.
How to Make Prawn Custard
To make prawn custard, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine the prawns, eggs, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the custard mixture into a ramekin or small baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until the custard is set.
- Serve immediately.
How to Eat Prawn Custard
Prawn custard can be eaten on its own, or it can be served with rice, noodles, or vegetables. It is also a popular ingredient in soups and stews.
Side Effects and Precautions
Prawn custard is generally safe for most people to eat. However, people with allergies to seafood should avoid eating prawn custard. Pregnant women should also talk to their doctor before eating prawn custard, as it is important to make sure that they are consuming enough mercury-rich fish.
Can I eat prawn custard if I am allergic to seafood?
No, you should not eat prawn custard if you are allergic to seafood. Prawns are a type of shellfish, and people with shellfish allergies should avoid all shellfish products.
Is prawn custard safe for pregnant women to eat?
Prawn custard is generally safe for pregnant women to eat, but it is important to talk to your doctor before eating it. This is because pregnant women should limit their intake of mercury-rich fish. Prawns contain low levels of mercury, but it is important to make sure that you are not consuming too much mercury during pregnancy.
How long can I store prawn custard in the refrigerator?
Prawn custard can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from spoiling.
What are some other ways to enjoy prawn custard?
Prawn custard can be enjoyed in many different ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve it on its own as a light meal or snack.
- Top it with rice, noodles, or vegetables for a more substantial meal.
- Add it to soups and stews.
- Use it as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
- Make a prawn custard quiche or frittata.
Prawn custard is a delicious and nutritious dish that has many health benefits. It is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, and can help to improve heart health, boost immunity, promote brain health, support bone health, improve muscle function, and aid weight loss. Prawn custard is also a good source of essential nutrients for pregnant women.
To make your prawn custard extra creamy, add a splash of heavy cream or milk to the custard mixture before baking.
I hope this article has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.